We are your neighbors, volunteers working to preserve Harford’s quality of life by effectively informing residents and by advocating policies and actions for responsible land use.
THE 2018 GUBERNATORIAL PRIMARY
- Registration Deadline: 9:00 PM on Tuesday, June 5th, 2018
- Early Voting: Thursday, June 14th – Thursday, June 21st from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Election Day: Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Are you registered but unable to make it to the polls? Request an absentee ballot
- Unsure of where to vote? Find your polling place
- Not sure of who will be on your ballot? Check the ballot style for your polling place and view the ballots for the 2018 Primary Election.
- Friends of Harford CANDIDATES RESPOND TO LAND USE QUESTIONS
- Curious about current elected Council members voting record? Visit FOH SCORECARD
Friends of Harford has a vision of Harford County as a community where an exceptional quality of life is achieved through respecting the environment and the needs of all citizens, by protecting natural resources, improving neighborhoods and preserving open space and our rural character.
We believe that this vision can only be realized if decisions about growth in our community are consistently influenced by a wide spectrum of citizen input and support.
How we got started
From Darlington to Joppa, and Havre de Grace to Fallston, many of us were involved in community or development issues in the past. A number of us served on the local Community Planning Councils (CPCs) that had been put into place by the Harford County Executive in 1994. And all of us were frustrated by massive residential development, overcrowded schools and highways, and other growth-related issues affecting our families and neighborhoods in Harford County.
This group of individuals determined that the citizens of the County needed an organization that would actively work to educate our citizens on growth issues and work with government to create a better future for the county. Friends of Harford, Inc. held its first public meeting in May 1997. A few hundred citizens attended, evidencing the depth of concern about growth issues in Harford County.
Our Officers and Board
|Co-Presidents||Morita Bruce and Stephanie Flasch|
|Vice President||Alan Sweatman|
Judy Blomquist, Patti Dallam, Glenn Dudderar, Janet Hardy, Ron Henry, Sally LaBarre
Gloria Moon, Florian Svitak
In Memoriam – Robert Bruce, Friends of Harford’s original Webmaster. Without his able guidance and perseverance, we would still be using chisels and stone as he was fond of saying. Thanks Bob.